1. Her debut novel, Everything I Never Told You, was a New York Times bestseller, a New York Times Notable Book of 2014, and Amazon’s #1 Best Book of 2014.
2. She attended Harvard University and earned an MFA from the University of Michigan
3. Huffington Post has called her novel, “a powerhouse of a debut…a literary mystery crafted out of shimmering prose and precise, painful observation about racial barriers, the burden of familial expectations, and the basic human thirst for belonging.”
4. Her stories and essays have appeared in One Story, Five Chapters, and elsewhere.
5. You can visit her website here and read some of her work before she comes to campus on March 17 and 18.